One of the most valuable aspects of a Brandeis education is the opportunity to carry out cutting-edge research in collaboration with faculty, graduate students and postdocs. There are many research opportunities in laboratories in the science departments at Brandeis. Many students begin working in labs as early as their first semester, while others may start as juniors. Often, the research leads up to publication of a Senior Honors Thesis. Since 2003, Brandeis undergraduates have been co-authors on approximately 400 peer-reviewed research publications in scientific journals.
- Litschel T, Norton MM, Tserunyan V, Fraden S. Engineering reaction-diffusion networks with properties of neural tissue. Lab Chip. 2018.
- Saraidaridis JT, Molina G, Savit LR, Milch H, Mei T, Chin S, Kuo J, Bordeianou L. Pudendal nerve terminal motor latency testing does not provide useful information in guiding therapy for fecal incontinence. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2018.
- Roberts DH, Saripalli L, Wang KX, Rao MS, Subrahmanyan R, KleinStern CC, Morii-Sciolla CY, Simpson L. What are “X-shaped” Radio Sources Telling Us? I. Very Large Array Imaging of a Large Sample of Candidate XRGs. Astrophys J. 2018;852(1).
- Lorson LC, Tai O, Foxman BM. Use of Topotactic Phase Transformations to Obtain Solutions of the Crystal Structures of Highly Disordered Materials. Cryst Growth Des. 2018;18(1):409-15.
- Zhou J, Du X, Chen X, Wang J, Zhou N, Wu D, Xu B. Enzymatic Self-Assembly Confers Exceptionally Strong Synergism with NF-kB Targeting for Selective Necroptosis of Cancer Cells. J Am Chem Soc. 2018.
- Turman DL, Cheloff AZ, Corrado AD, Nathanson JT, Miller C. Molecular Interactions between a Fluoride Ion Channel and Synthetic Protein Blockers. Biochemistry. 2018.
- Pochapsky TC, Wong N, Zhuang Y, Futcher J, Pandelia M-E, Teitz DR, Colthart AM. NADH reduction of nitroaromatics as a probe for residual ferric form high-spin in a cytochrome P450. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2018;1866(1):126-33.
- Zhou J, Du X, Berciu C, Del Signore SJ, Chen X, Yamagata N, Rodal AA, Nicastro D, Xu B. Cellular Uptake of A Taurine-Modified, Ester Bond-Decorated D-Peptide Derivative via Dynamin-Based Endocytosis and Macropinocytosis. Mol Ther. 2018.
- Lisman J, Cooper K, Sehgal M, Silva AJ. Memory formation depends on both synapse-specific modifications of synaptic strength and cell-specific increases in excitability. Nat Neurosci. 2018.
- Reiner BR, Mucha NT, Rothstein A, Temme JS, Duan P, Schmidt-Rohr K, Foxman BM, Wade CR. Zirconium Metal-Organic Frameworks Assembled from Pd and Pt P(N)N(N)P Pincer Complexes: Synthesis, Postsynthetic Modification, and Lewis Acid Catalysis. Inorg Chem. 2018.
- Wang H, Feng Z, Qin Y, Wang J, Xu B. Nucleopeptide Assemblies Selectively Sequester ATP in Cells. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2018.
- Norton MM, Baskaran A, Opathalage A, Langeslay B, Fraden S, Baskaran A, Hagan MF. Insensitivity of active nematic liquid crystal dynamics to topological constraints. Phys Rev E. 2018;97(1-1):012702.