- Science Talks — Wednesday, Sept 11 @ 12pm in Rosentiel Penthouse: Tim is facilitating, “Talk So People Will Listen: Crafting an effective science presentation.” See the information below.
- Fellowship applications — Wednesday, September 25 @ 12pm in SSC Library: Lishi and Chris are facilitating, “Introduction to the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (GRFP).” See the blurb below. Meghan will send an announcement soon about it, but the workshop requires 10 participants, so a signup is required: https://forms.gle/
- Visual design — Friday, October 25 @ 11a: Janna is facilitating an Adobe Illustrator workshop for the NBIO 208 and NBIO 207 (Neuro communication course).
Talk So People Will Listen: Crafting an effective science presentation is open to people of all skill levels to help you give the best talk possible. This 1hr workshop will help you
- Learn the assertion/evidence approach to presentations,
- Curate your data to convince and engage your audience,
- Practice what you’ve learned in a low pressure environment.
Come to the workshop with a presentation, meeting, or audience in mind, and you’ll be ready to create your own compelling presentation that people will want to listen to! Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop.
Wednesday Sept. 11 @ Noon
PIZZA WILL BE SERVED
Introduction to the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (GRFP)
Interested in being a self-funded scientist? The SciComm Lab and the DivSci PreAward Group have partnered to host an informational workshop on the prestigious (but attainable) NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. If you are a US citizen, national or permanent resident who is either a senior undergraduate intending on attending graduate school or a grad student in your first or second year, you have a shot! Please attend the session to learn what you can do to establish yourself as a unique scientist and the best candidate for this fellowship. Light refreshments will be provided.
This workshop requires 10 participants, so a signup is required,
- Specific Aims 1-2-3: a Grant Writing Workshop facilitated by the SciComm Lab.
- The Molecular Genetics Journal Club is hosting the SciComm Lab on January 16, 2020 at 12:00 pm.